Local News at www.15767.com Common Sense features views of an opinionated SOB. An author and 55 year columnist who writes about politics, current events, and social issues of concern to other SOBs. Comments only moderated under extreme provocation.
this blog was hacked
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
I have removed the offensive advertisements which some hacker inserted into my blog.
I've also made adjustments to the security settings.
Some have asked me why I am not renewing Science since their extreme censorship of the discussion groups is unrelated. This is the same organization so I now have some questions about how they approach filtering the science they publish in Science, my real reason for not paying even my discounted retired, elderly rate, the money goes to the people who developed AND enforce the censorship and I decline to support meaningless censorship in any way. Other comments/thoughts, welcome. Greetings to my visitors from the UAE and Brazil. (although Google Analytics does NOT track identities or even IPs of visitors, it does try to indicate the geographic location of visitors.)
Welcome to the restart of CommonSense (someone seems to have captured my URL so you can see the new one here. After extreme censorship was imposed with no warning I could only contact a few AAAS members because I have your contact info, please share this with others you know. I appreciate the kind comments from AAAS members who emailed me. Some have asked if I have a blog. Therefore I have restarted CommonSense to carry something like the AAAS discussions. https://siliconsamurai. blogspot.com/ It won't be complaints about AAAS, unless someone wants to discuss that , I will be posting my usual topics and comments. Since this takes time away from writing my books I will wait through the weekend to see if there is any interest either by adding comments or suggesting in comments new topics for discussion. Being semi-retired I am mostly pursuing those venues which promise the most readership. I will add a new topic in the blog when something catches my eye, mostly in the area of ...
As for climate change, I worked on it for decades even in an official capacity as an emergency management coordinator. It is too late to change what will happen by 2050. Politicians simply can't move fast enough, even countries which agreed with the Paris agreement have totally failed to to meet the goals they agreed to. It is time to stop wasting time, money, and effort on fighting short term climate change and focus our energy on preparing for inevitable financial and social changes we or our descendants will face. Working to make long-term changes would be useful but that will occur naturally as Red states are washed away (GRIN). I wrote a book about this and am working on the second volume now. "Preparing for Climate Change Coastal flooding will cost the U.S. billions of dollars within two decades." . second edition ebook https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TYTG6ZC [ excerpt below ] As far back as 2014 the U.S. military saw climate change as the ...
Comments